We’ve had a lot of storms this spring, which means older and weaker trees are coming down. Last week we dealt with this one.
I think this one was a hackberry. It was rotten in the middle up where it broke. Because of the position, we had to put a ripe around it and keep tension on it with the Bobcat while cutting the trunk lower down. Once it was nearly cut through, we used the Bobcat to pull it down away from the fence. Then we cut up the trunk and the branches so we could let the goats get to the foliage.
Here it is on the ground.
A few days later, chopped up and ready to be hauled to a burn pile.
Here are the goats enjoying a different fallen tree from earlier.